Media – books, magazines, music
We have collected a variety of links to other websites that may or may not be suitable for your situation. Please note that we take no responsibility for the claims or quality of these products or services. This information is posted for your information only. Please investigate to see if they can meet your individual needs. Please e-mail me to report broken links or with corrections or additions to this resource.
Media (books, magazines, music):
- Allergic Child Titles include “Allie the Allergic Elephant” and “Cody the Allergic Cow” “Chad the Allergic Chipmunk” by Nicole Smith
- Allergic Living Magazine For people dealing with serious food and environmental allergies. Canadian publication – delivery also available to US residents.
- Allergy Catering Manual by Michelle Berriedale-Johnson
- Allergy On Board titles include “Allergy Tales; a Birthday Party” and “Allergy Tales; Making Friends”
- Ask Before I Eat Children’s book about food allergies
- BugaBees; Friends With Food Allergies by Amy Recob
- Dairy Free, Egg Free, Kid Pleasing Cookbook By Theresa Kingma. Several format options offered for this cookbook. Site includes other helpful info.
- Florishing with Food Allergies By A. Anderson
- Food Allergies for Dummies World renowned food allergist Dr. Robert A. Wood, Professor of Pediatrics and Chief of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, has lived with his own peanut allergy his entire life. Co-author Joe Kraynak
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network On-line shopping for educational materials and books.
- Food Allergy Books “What’s to Eat: The Milk-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free Food Allergy Cookbook?” and “How to Manage Your Child’s Life-Threatening Food Allergies: Practical Tips for Everyday Life” by Linda Marienhoff Coss. Web site includes other useful information, too.
- Food Allergy Survival Guide Book, kit and resources for food allergies.
- Food Allergy Kitchen Food Allergy Kitchen cookbook, newsletter and other resources.
- Food Matters several books
- Grandma’s Guide to Gluten Free Cooking By Barbara Wells
- How to Survive with Multiple Food Allergies and eventually thrive again by Nickie Dumke
- Living Without Magazine Lifestyle guide for people with allergies and food sensitivities. It discusses a variety of health-related issues, and provides support, encouragement, guidance and resources.
- Peanut Allergy Kids Peanut allergy resource including children’s book titled, The Peanut Pickle by Jessica Ureel
- Peanut Aware Peanut Allergy Handbook by Sheila Rusnell-Newton and other resources for living with peanut and nut allergies
- Safe Food For Me Titles include “Mommy, Is This Safe to Eat?” and “Starting School with a Food Allergy” by Christina Black
- Savory Palate Books by Carol Fenster Ph D and others – primarily Celiac focused but other dietary issues addressed.
- Sophie Safe Cooking Every recipe is free of all 8 of the most common allergens: wheat, eggs, milk, soy, peanut, tree nuts, fish, shellfish. By Emily Hendrix.
- Super Allergy Girl Cookbook – gluten-free, casein free, nut-free. By Lisa A. Lundy
- A Taste of Freedom By Tamar Warga – Recipes for people with food allergies and sensitivities. Kosher for Passover
- Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World Suitable for egg and milk free diets. Site also offers other resources for milkless and eggless cooking.
- You Must Be Nuts! Music CD for children by Kyle Dine about food allergies
- You Won’t Even Miss It Cooking Show – “Creating Culinary Masterpieces without milk, eggs, peanuts, nuts or shellfish