We have collected a variety of links to other websites that may or may not be suitable for your situation. Please note that we take no responsibility for the claims or quality of these products or services. This information is posted for your information only. Please investigate to see if they can meet your individual needs. Please e-mail me to report broken links or with corrections or additions to this resource.
Are you a restaurant manager looking for ways to serve your food allergic customers?
Are you a food allergic consumer looking for ways to help your favorite restaurant learn about food allergies? These links may be helpful to you.
- NEW in Washington State! Washington Restaurant Association has teamed up with Spot Check Food Allergy Training – 8 hour “Train the Trainer” class for restaurant managers. Recommended for food service workers who already hold an advanced food safety certification.
- FREE! Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network Online Restaurant Food Allergy Training Video – 30 minute training module
- Culinary Institute of America - program Food Allergies, Sensitivities & Dietary Restrictions: Challenges & Opportunities for Food Service
- National Restaurant Association- Food Safety and Nutrition: Food Allergies: With awareness of food allergies and intolerances increasing, the National Restaurant Association recognizes that this is an important issue for the nation’s nearly 1 million restaurants. About one in 25 Americans report that they suffer from a food allergy, according to the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network. Restaurants are training their staff to safely serve food-allergic guests. Diners with food allergies are encouraged to communicate with restaurant staff to discuss their concerns and alternatives for a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Restaurant Food Allergy Information Handbook “A comprehensive program for training staff to safely prepare and serve food to guests who have food allergies”
- Spot Check – Allergy Safe Certification Spot Check provides Food Allergy Safe Certification and training to front and back of the house personnel who provide food services to the general population.
- Food Allergy Initiative Food Service Professionals Information – Tips for Food Service Professionals
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network’s Restaurant Poster
- Michigan Department of Agriculture Food Allergy Poster
- Hospitality Minnesota - voluntary industry poster
- New York City Restaurant Food Allergy Awareness Poster - link coming soon!
- New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services/Rutger’s - Ask Before You Eat (English & Spanish)
- New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services/Rutger’s – Know Before You Serve (English and Spanish)
- New Zealand Food Service Posters