Useful School Links
These resources have information that may assist you as you work with your child(ren) and your child(ren)’s school. Washington FEAST posts these links as they have been helpful to some in the past but makes no guarantee that the information provided on them is suitable for your specific, individual needs.
- AAAAI Classroom Corner - Back to School Interactive Game
- Anaphylaxis Canada’s Safe Kids Trivia Test - take it together!
- Food Allergy Advocate Rhonda Riggott Stevens, a professional educator, has helped many parents work through the Section 504 and IDEA processes successfully with their school districts.
- Food Allergy Initiative Schools Page
- Food Allergy Families School Page
- Kids With Food Allergies School Page
- Children’s Hospital – Seattle In partnership with the Food Allergy Initiative (FAI) — Northwest, Seattle Children’s offers a FREE Food Allergy Community Health Education Program staffed by a community health nurse educator who will come to your school, daycare or camp. Program focuses on basics of recognizing anaphylaxis and administering epinephrine.
- ELL – Protect Allergic Children offers a program and consultants to provide food allergy training.
- FAAN’s School and Childcare Training Resources - a FEAST leader has been trained on the Safe at School powerpoint and can do the presentation at your school if desired, email here.
- NEW! Help get your school AllergyReady! – Free comprehensive online training resource developed jointly by FAI, FAAN and Anaphylaxis Canada.
- Food Insight – Nutrition and Food Safety – School Food Service Poster
- Food Insight – Nutrition and Food Safety - School Food Service Poster
- NEW! School Nutrition Foundation Webinar and Resources - http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Content.aspx?id=16596
Federal Resources, Legislation and Guidelines
- Center for Disease Control: Adolescent and School Health - http://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/foodallergies/
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Management Act (FAAMA) 2008 - Federal school food allergy guideline legislation
- FAAN’s FAAMA Page
State Legislation and Guidelines
- Arizona School Food Allergy Guidelines
- Connecticutt Food Allergy Law
- Connecticutt Food Allergy Guidelines
- Massachusetts School Food Allergy guidelines – 2002
- Missouri Law
- New Jersey Legislation
- NJ School Food Allergy Guidelines
- Tennesee Law
- Tennessee Guidelines :Life Threatening Conditions
- Washington State Anaphylaxis Bill:Senate Bill 6556:
WA State legislative info page on SB6556
- Washington State Guidelines
OSPI Guidelines for the Care of Students with Anaphylaxis
- Ann Arbor School District Guidelines
- Loudon County Public Schools, VA
- Spokane School District Life Threatening Food Allergy Information
- Allergy Safe Communities
Cooperatively developed website with many best practices and strategies for managing food allergies in all aspects of life.
- Anaphylaxis in Schools and Child Care Settings
Canadian medical association publication with detailed classroom management suggestions
- British Columbia Ministry for Children and Families.
A practical resource for parents, care providers and staff for managing life threatening food allergies in schools and child care settings.
- Prevention First
Implementing Anaphylaxis plans in Ontario – great web-based school anaphylaxis plan training resource